Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Top 5 Characters I Want in SSB4 Without Reason

Ok, as much as I like to predict characters possible to see in SSB, I want to share what characters I want in SSB4, but they will NEVER show up. So, here are the characters I want, but will never see. Let's start with...

#5: Edea Lee
Ok, one thing you need to know about me is that I friggin love Bravely Default. And while I would like to have my favorite character from the game (Tiz Arrior), Edea is a sword master, and comes equipped with a katana. She could be like a Roy character, with a lot of dodges and counters. This is if I could have my way. One more likely option is all 4 as an assist trophy. Tiz jumps out and uses hack n slash, similar to Link's final smash. Ringabel would use piercing bolt, like Suicune. Edea uses Grand strike, and hits all ground opponents like Metagross. And Agnes uses Rejuvenation to heal the user. The character (while not strict to their special move) would be random. Too bad my idea can only be lived in large home brew projects. This will be a running theme for this list.

#4: Geno
Yeah yeah yeah, everyone wants it, but no one is getting it. I put him lower on the list, on the notion that his move set really isn't as big as some make it out to be. That beam is overpowered. The whirl can be a final smash. In reality, a lot of the moves are so big in scale, it would be hard to try and cut him and his moves down to a 4 for all fighting game. But if it can be done, it would be a welcome addition. Now, second, VERY big problem, is the copyright. Last I checked, Geno is still owned by Square Enix, yet they've done absolutely nothing with him. Now, Nintendo does have a good history with Square Enix, but not sure if Geno has ever come up in discussion. But who knows anymore. It has been YEARS since either company has even hinted to his existence. But, Sakurai has surprised us in the past...

#3: Simon Belmont
Now we're getting into the good stuff. Simon could just as easily be applied to SSB. Sure, he'd be slower, but his range and mild power would be enough to make up for that. His whip, cross, holy water, and other weapons could have him be like Mega Man, but with different weapons, movement, and range overall. Final smash? Definitely a swarm of Medusa Heads. Now, while Kojima was happy to have Sakurai use Snake, asking Konami for Simon could be a whole different story.

#2: Sora
Wow, talk about coming out of left field. If I had it my way, Axel would fill this spot. But let's be fair, if Kingdom Hearts is getting a representative for SSB4, it would be Sora. Emphasis on the IF. There's roughly a 0.01% chance Sora will make it into SSB4 (Maybe Sakurai loves the name Sora so much, that he wanted to borrow the rights to get him in the game, who knows?). An aerial character focusing on fast combos, a few magic spells (no cure), and a final smash based on Valor/Master form from KH2. Sounds cool, I know. Good luck see this in reality though.

#1: Jody Summer
Favorite currently dead franchise? F-Zero. I already stated my hope for a new F-Zero game, and hopefully, if a new F-Zero does become a reality, I hope Sakurai decides to widen the female pool by adding the 2nd most badass F-Zero pilot in the franchise. That is a pretty tall statement when you have a Robotic T-Rex, a Samurai who cuts active bombs in half, and even one of the most intimidating villains in all of Nintendo history. So she would be like Captain Falcon. Fast, quick, and fluid combos. But, add the aerial maneuvers of either Peach or Zero Suit Samus, but with a blaster gun. In the anime, she leads a secret police force, so a gun and some various functions could be implemented.

So it's fun to get my ideas out, even if they will not affect anything. Well, let me know your outlandish character you want to see in SSB4, or any future SSB game really.

No comments:

Post a Comment