Tuesday, June 10, 2014

E3 Predictions Recap

So I decided to take a break from Anita (I will be returning to that), and decided to take a look back on a previous post. Here's my predictions results. Considering I'm doing this before the show ends, this may be subject to change.

#5. Kingdom Hearts III update.
Yeah, talk about a dead prediction. The only Kingdom Hearts coverage wasn't even in a conference, and was only given a brief Q&A at the Square booth concerning KH 2.5. So now that we know that KH3 was completely absent from E3, what does that mean? Well, unfortunately, the fact that the words "Now being developed" is the only status we know about, I expect a 2016 release for the game. Another possibility is late 2015, but considering we got nothing but some Text Spoken By Characters Whose Identities I'm Unsure Of (I've heard it could be Young Xehanort and Eraqus, and that's a very good guess). Well, luckily I'll be playing Zelda Wii U and Smash Bros. to tide me over.

#4. SSB4 3DS Gets a MM/DD/2014 release, and SSB4 gets a Holiday tag on it.
Bam, right on the money. SSB 3DS comes out October 3, 2014, and SSB Wii U will come out "Holiday 2014". Considering Wii U sales, Holiday will most likely mean "Before December 15th-ish", in order to boost sales around Christmas time.

#3. Zelda Wii U gets an official title and Gameplay trailer.
Off again. While Zelda Wii U was a very good focal point of the presentation, it showed a beautiful open world setting, and a gorgeous Pre-Rendered cut scene. Thankfully, we have a lot of Nintendo Directs between now and 2015 to hear more about this game.

#2. Microsoft Comes out with a new exclusive.
Yep. Sunset Overdrive. While this isn't the only new exclusive for the Xbox brand, it certainly is the one making the most noise. That, and the fact you can own the big Halo releases between 1-4, as well as the new game, 5. But, Halo isn't enough to sell a non-fanboy, and Sunset Overdrive might be what dusts off man peoples Xbox One's

#1. Captain Falcon and Falco are now announced for SSB, on heels of new game for respective franchise.
You know, I'm actually surprised 1 of my 4 predictions here came true. While Falco and Falcon are still up in the air as far as SSB is concerned, a case for both of their returns is very real, now that Miyamoto has basically confirmed that a new Star Fox for the Wii U is in the works. Miyamoto was playing a blurred Star Fox game at the end of the press conference, and Time Magazine posted an article about the new title. So now that Goroh is in Smash as an Assist trophy, and there is a new Star Fox game, Falcon and Falco's return to Smash is very possible.
Oh, and by the way NEW STAR FOX YESSSSSSSS.
I am so excited to finally do some HD barrel rolls. This could be the game that gives a nice push to Wii U sales.

Ok, so I will also go over my 10 SSB characters predictions by saying I'm right. Why, because Sakurai said so.
To be more specific, Miis are now playable, so my predictions that Edea Lee, Geno, Simon Belmont, Sora, Jody Summer, Reggie, Toon Zelda, Knuckles and Ghirahim is TECHNICALLY not wrong. While I will agree with you in saying "It's not the same", ehh, whatever can get me to play as Axel i guess.

BUT, my Palutenia one is right. And after watching Link and Pit in anime form, I need to go invest in Kid Icarus: Uprising right now.

So, lots to be excited and disappointed by (like every year), but, on the whole, I'm satisfied. Mostly thanks to Nintendo on that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment