Friday, June 13, 2014

E3 Recommendations

So E3 has drawn to a close, and I have taken a lot away from each conference. But let's go over the games that are on my radar.


Abzu - PS4
I never played Journey, probably due to not having a PS3, and I really hope I was able to. It's got an underwater theme to it, which is very beautiful (definitely better than a desert). Definitely built for atmosphere, and looks fantastic.

Batman Arkham Knight - PS4, Xbox One, PC
Batman. Yeah, that's all you need to know. I could add a nice addition of Scarecrow, the Harley Quinn DLC, the batmobile/tank, and large expansive city to explore. I haven't beaten Asylum or City yet, but they're definitely high on my to play list.

Battlefield Hardline - PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PC
What I took away from this is Payday 2 on the Dice engine. Of course you could play as the cops, and you can even go far outside of the heist point. Looks like over the top fun.

Bayonetta 2 - Wii U
I haven't played the first one, and can be very hit and miss with the Hack n Slash genre. But, the style really interests me, as well as the inclusion of the first game. Worth a shot. Also, Platinum games.

BroForce - PS4, PC
Over the top Action movie craziness.That is the main draw. Throwing in fun varied gameplay/controls doesn't help either. Now, I know the game already had alpha/beta out, but the official release isn't out yet. So, I'm looking forward to it.

The Crew - PS4, Xbox One, PC
An online racing game that has you working in packs? Gather some friends and drive around America. Not my most hyped game, because I still have questions on the gameplay itself, but I do like racing games.

Destiny - PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One
Another FPS, but Bungie did make the good Halo games, and hopefully they can bring me back into the FPS genre with Destiny.

Far Cry 4 - PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PC
I haven't played 3, but the introduction to Co-Op, the villain, and the gadgets you can have definitely sold me.

Grim Fandango - PS4
I haven't played the original, but heard the unreal praise it gets. The Film Noire style and subject matter has definitely interested me, and it being a Tim Schafer game certainly helps.

Hyrule Warriors - Wii U
My favorite franchise? Hands down, ZELDA. I love the fantasy, the worlds, the gameplay, the controls, the over arching story, and the expansive land of Hyrule. I have never played a Dynasty Warriors game, and I feel that one way to try and get my feet wet in the series by playing one fused with a love letter to the Zelda franchise. Also, first Zelda game where you can actually play as Zelda. And no, THOSE games doesn't fucking count.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD - PS3
I won't be getting it, but it's the only Kingdom Hearts news we got this year. Well, it certainly looks better than the originals, and includes KH content never seen in English, just like 1.5. I just wish I could play it on my future PS4.

The Legend of Zelda Wii U - Turbo Graphics 16
This would probably be #1 on my most hyped games list. We know very little in comparison to other games that we saw, but know enough to collectively jizz our pants. Open world? Large over world? Encouraged exploration? Beautiful graphics? One title I've heard tossed around about this game is The Elder Scrolls: Zelda, and it seems accurate, and exciting. If it follows up on these expectations, we have GOTY 2015 on our hands.

Little Big Planet 3 - PS4
I haven't played 1 or 2, but only heard good things, and enjoy creation aspects myself. The addition of 3 unique characters does make the level design more interesting.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One
Ground Zeroes may have been over priced, but once it goes down in price, sink an afternoon into it, so that you're ready for MGS5. I know that's my plan.

Mortal Kombat X - PS4, Xbox One, PC
I'm not too good at fighting games, but MK9 is one of the best. Maybe the new characters and mechanics that were in Injustice will enhance the series in the right direction.

No Man's Sky - PS4, PC
One of the most ambitious games for sure, i can't possibly describe it myself and do it justice. Just watch THIS.

Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - 3DS
I had never played the 3rd gen of Pokemon. Or the 4th, but we'll save that for the 4DS. But after hearing the outrageous praise Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald gets, I'm excited to try it out. I'll be getting OR, just because I like Fire types more. I'm not aiming to get AS, but I might if I have the funds to do so.

Splatoon - Wii U
An interesting take on the shooter genre, it employs a lot of different and interesting strategies. The art style is fun, and the music is good. The only thing I hope to see is more modes. But seeing a 2015 release means theirs time to add some good new modes in.

Star Fox Wii U - Sega Saturn
We literally know nothing about this game. All we know is that it's one of the 3 games Miyamoto is working on. The other two were "Project" games that were shown of during the treehouse stream. It's reasonable to assume that this is VERY early in development. Expect more news in a 2015 Direct.

Star Wars: Battlefront - PS4, Xbox One, PC
I LOVE Star Wars. I also played Battlefront II with my sister a lot on the PS2 when we were little. This is a very nostalgic series for me, and finally seeing a 3rd entry in the series is exhilarating.

Sunset Overdrive - Xbox One
A very colorful, fun looking zombie free roam action game. Add in great writing and some Jet Set Radio style flowing travel, and you have a great new Insomniac game. Unfortunately, it's Xbox One exclusive, and since I have no interest in any other Xbox One exclusive title, I might be able to play this.

Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U - Sega GameGear/Coleco Vision
Do I have to justify this? Everyone and their friggin mother is excited for this. Seriously, I saw a mom drag her kids to the Smash Fest on Wednesday. She was also dressed as Peach and her oldest daughter was dressed like Rosalina. Just, buy it, seriously.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War - PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, PC
I love History. I also love studying the era between 1914 and 1945 the most. So an emotionally driven WWI Puzzle Platformer starring a medic dog? Awesome.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Wii U
I love JRPGs, now add a prestigious series with GIANT ROBOT MECHS and a gripping story, and even a large over world, and you have a game that hopefully will sell better than the Wii entry in the series.


Now if I don't have a game on here you're excited for, whatever I like what I like, and you like what you like. But hopefully I help raise some interest in some good looking games.

No comments:

Post a Comment